As of last night, our darlings are 8, 6, 4, and 2, with The Quinn due around the end of December some time.
Photo of Jeremy and I taken at North Head, Devonport, last month on my birthday. We had a fantastic trip back up as a family after 9 years away, wonderful to catch up with friends and their families, and oh my, SO many memories for Jeremy and I there. The beach behind us is where we ran to often to swim, and just above the hill line is a seat tucked back off the beach, where I was sitting when Jeremy gave me my engagement ring about 2 weeks after he proposed at a different beach - didn't quite make it to that one this time.
Life is busy, what more can I say? (Haha, plenty - watch me!)
Jeremy is managing his branch, and security for big companies + short on staff = long hours. He's doing a fantastic job juggling everything, and tries not to bring the stress home. Buying our own home recently and therefore setting up a workshop and being allowed to put holes in walls where ever he pleases has been good for bringing some relaxation and a hobby back into his life. Being an elder/pastor is currently only filling up half of Sunday, some early mornings and the occasional midweek meeting, so we see him most evenings if he's home from work. Still can't put on weight, but I'm pretty sure that's because he rarely gets to eat his breakfast by himself - in fact he's lucky if he gets two mouthfuls!
Me, well, what a year so far! Home educating was rocking along fantastically, we had awesome friends living in our granny flat who had a baby and I was blessed to be part of his delivery (then they left, and we reeeeally miss them!), I was back to goal weight and loving triathlon training, even ran my furthest ever in an 11km event and thoroughly enjoyed it. God gave me new vision as I worked through giving away my baby gear, and we started looking at housing. Then I discovered there was actually two of us running that race, and that God was giving us a Christmas present this year! I am so thankful to have started the pregnancy so well, as looking back at the rough time after Deborah, I really hoped to stay in better condition this time. But, 3+ months out I am back to attempting bed rest, which actually this time around is more achievable, with 2 super helpful boys and a much calmer 2 year old than last time. So education has slowed a little, outings reduced, and story times increased - not all bad, that's for sure! Love my husband, love my kidlets, love watching them learn and grow and read and play and cuddle me. Feel so blessed.
Josh - 8 years old and a darling kid. Spends hours in an active dreamland, of his own desire reads his Bible every night before bed, makes friends with every kid passing the house, loves being the eldest "because I get to help with so much", loves swimming, biking, climbing, running, etc. Just started Cubs, and waits all day to get into uniform and get there, and is very excited about his first camp this weekend. I will always treasure the memory of the look on his face when I told him we're having another baby, and he is following the development with great interest. I don't know what I'd do without my right hand man!
Scotty - 6 years old and a darling kid. His first and instant comment on learning of the new baby was "now we'll be a family of 7!" and that's exactly how his mind works. He constantly amazes me with his quick thinking, memory recall, and need to ensure everything is stated accurately and clearly for every body's benefit. Loves to help too, and is fantastic with the girls, along with a normal brotherly ability to wind them up... Not quite as active as Josh but loves swimming, biking, climbing and jumping, and cant pass up trying to beat Josh in anything. Still has the amazing laugh that makes everyone else laugh too, it's such a delightful sound.
Elizabeth - 4 years old and a darling kid, in a class of her own. If she doesn't know the word, sentence or paragraph she needs, she simply makes it up. Very pleased with her new brain which I gave her recently, and it took 2 days to convince her it is a headband, not a brain... Loves her fairy dress and musical jewellery box, loves our chickens (I had to insist they not be taken into her bed again...), loves music in general, and can be heard over 60+ people on Sunday morning, worshiping God with her arms raised. Full of life is our Lizzy, and desperately trying to keep up with the boys. Last week she asked Jesus, all by herself, to give her a clean heart, and then told me he had because "He's very nice like that." Loves her "work" and likes to be at the table whenever the boys are, with her own book or worksheets, and "teaches" Debby letters and numbers. Friend of anyone and everyone, and also greatly looking forward to a new baby to dress and play with.
Deborah - 2 years old and SUCH a darling kid, with a bundle of mischief showing through more and more each week. She didn't move for a year, and now doesn't walk - she bounce/jumps or runs everywhere. She focuses on a toy for long periods, loves books, and will sit very happily in bed for at least an hour reading and playing - especially if the music is playing. Very attached to Blanky, especially the purple squares. The main culprit in "sharing" Daddy's breakfast, or anything else edible in his vicinity that she can get her hands on while completely disarming him with her smile. Mummy isn't so obliging.... Currently very keen on Hairy Maclairy and other doggies, and all birds are duckies and cats are meows.
And the rest of the family - Blondie, Louisa, Night, Snow, Molly and Rosie - we love our chickens =)
And there you go. A few tidbits on the Peake family, if pigs can fly I might update again in less than two years =)
No comments:
Post a Comment